Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kmah  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:01:55 AM(UTC)
kmah

Groups: Registered

Hello to everyone. I believe candida overgrowth is an issue I've suffered from for awhile, though doctors don't seem to connect the dots of my multiple symptoms:

-non-stop bacterial vaginosis & yeast infections for nearly 3 years (literally non-stop)and the medicine given to me never helps
-toe nail fungus
-white throat
-yellowish tongue
-severe itching on my limbs (to the point where I pop blood capillaries when I scratch) with no rash
-fatigue
-brittle nails
-stomach issues
-bloating/gas
-cystic acne
-profuse sweating (though I have had this issue somewhat since I was a teenager, so it might not be related at all)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but that's enough for me! :) Anyhow, I started the cleanse in stage 1 yesterday morning. I'm taking the drink of Fiber-3 by NOW and Bentonite Clay in the morning and afternoon, before I eat anything for an hour before and after. I forgot the ginger, so I didn't do the liver flush, but I am planning on doing that tonight. I am also taking NOW Candida Cleanse, a daily vitamin and Molybdenum. I only ate vegetables (lettuce, onions, zucchini, avocado, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower) yesterday, along with olive oil and (though I'm sure this isn't allowed) Annie's vinegar-free Lemon & Chive dressing. I normally do a hard-core (cardio for 40 minues burning about 625 calories and weight lifting) workout 3 times a week. Yesterday, I did half of my normal work-out because of my limited food intake.

So, now that the background is here, I just have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help with. Should I stop the workout during this stage 1 cleanse and trade in walking for a half an hour instead? I can't imagine doing my normal workout routine on this sort of diet.

Also, I'm only taking one Molybdenum pill a day as noted on the bottle. Should I take more?

I'm on the pill, which I stopped cold-turkey this morning, assuming that is a potential cause for my symptoms. Hopefully this was a good idea.

I'm a recovering alcholic. I drank to the point of passing out every night from 2000 to 2006. Is it possible that a yeast overgrowth could have been caused by this?

Last but not least, my joints, especially my back, are absolutely killing me since last night. I didn't sleep a wink because of this pain and discomfort, which is not a regular symptom for me. I will probably take ibuprofen tonight, because I have to sleep. Would it be acceptable to take a Benadryl to help me sleep if that is still an issue after the ibuprofen? Is this possibly a Die-Off symptom, even though it is so soon in my cleanse?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice given to me. It will be appreciated! :)

Sponsor
Offline wishnhope  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:20:50 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

hi kmah,

The people on the forum follow the forum protocol (see link) and not the one from the website.. the psyllium husk and bentonite clay aren't recommended by the forum experts. Check out the allowed foods thread too because it has heaps of info about what you can eat and when. Able posted the following last night:

"This is the link to our forum protocol.
http://www.thecandidadie...aster-The-Protocol.aspx

A Simple Cleanse
http://www.thecandidadie...r-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Molybdenum
http://www.thecandidadie...Symptoms.aspx#post11590

Swedish Digestive Bitters
http://www.thecandidadie...-Digestive-Bitters.aspx

Index of Posts
http://www.thecandidadie...-of-Posts.aspx#post9960

Let us know if you have questions about the protocol or any other subject.
Able "

I've read numerous times on here that alcohol is pretty much the worst thing you can feed to candida (or i guess best thing since candida loves it) so I wouldn't be surprised if that contributed, plus your liver was probably under major stress during that time.

Check out the search function at the top right of the forum too.. I find it really helpful for all of the questions I have! :)

Edited by user Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:59:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kmah  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:52:42 AM(UTC)
kmah

Please bear with me, but the links you gave me aren't taking me anywhere.

Thanks!
Offline wishnhope  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:00:55 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

try them now.. should be good to go
Offline kmah  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:18:19 AM(UTC)
kmah

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Honestly, now I'm more confused than ever. Why does this forum not follow the Candida Diet, even though it is a forum on the Candida Diet site? Maybe it was just information overload beyond what I was expecting to do with the Candida Diet.

So, I can eat eggs in the first detox stage along with veggies, then I can follow the diet on the Candida Diet website beginning with stage 2? Also, do I substitute both the liver flush AND the detox drink with the lemon water?

Thanks for your patience! Again, this is a lot of info beyond what I was expecting, so I have mixed recommendations.

Offline kmah  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:19:21 AM(UTC)
kmah

Also, any thoughts on the back pain being from Candida Die-Off, even though I was still technically in my first day when it happened?

Thanks!
Offline orka1998  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:54:50 AM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I usually have neck and back pain with die-off, but can't really rate it as severe. Are you sure it's back pain and not your kidneys (more on the side)? I do have kidney pain as I was stupid and overdid on the antifungal foods and now suffer from tougher die-off.

You should avoid die-off at all cost and read the posts for the correct dosage of molybdenum.

I started on the websites diet but later slowly transitioned to the forum one as I was able to read up on it. Forum's protocol seems a little slower even though it is more restrictive. From what I was able to analyze, the food that was "cut out" on the forum either has potential of feeding the candida or has been known to cause trouble for some of the candida suferers. So the allowed foods list on this forum contains all the items which were never reported as giving a reaction to anyone here, or it gets marked as "test food item" which means it may or may not cause reaction and you have to figure out your own sensitivity to it.

It's perfectly normal to be confused at first. It's a lot of information and soon you go into an overload. Just read on and decide if you are following this protocol or the web site's.
Offline raster  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:31:40 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 846 time(s) in 704 post(s)
The reason we have a different program on the forum is because the website is generally pretty OK as far as how to get better, but things have been tweaked from personal experiences by people on the forum. The reason we don't recommend the clay and husk cleanse is because it can cause internal bleeding.

The foods on the main website are not good enough to get better for many people so thats why we have our own foods list.

The joint pain and other symptoms you are experiencing are related to die-off which is the dead candida toxins flooding your body. It'll take many weeks to get over these symptoms and up to 6-18 months to finally reach a "cure." Just take days one step at a time and you'll be able to fight this sucker off.

You can do the safe and proper cleanse instead if you want to. Stage 2 is something not to worry about right now; stage 0 is the cleanse, stage 1 is the diet, and stage 2 is when you get better.

Alcohol is a very good reason why you have candida overgrowth because its ingredients are perfect for candida to grow; alcohol, sugar, and yeast.

To completely reduce or eliminate die-off symptoms, you can detox the toxins through the bodies largest organ, the skin. To do this you can take a sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins.

I highly recommend not working out for a few weeks or a month until you finally have a good foothold on fighting this sucker off. Your body will be very taxed fighting this off and you need your immune system as strong as possible.

-raster
Offline kmah  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:10:12 AM(UTC)
kmah

Orka, thank you for the encouragement and advice. :)

The pain is in the center of my back. Now that I think of it, I suppose severe would be more crippling than what I am experiencing, but it is definitely something I need to take ibuprofen for, and I am not a pill taker. I still have the pain, so I'm hoping it's die-off. It just started the night I started the cleanse. I am taking 2 pills of chelated Molybdenum, 150 mg, once in the morning and once at night. Maybe I should kick it up a notch?
Offline kmah  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:17:25 AM(UTC)
kmah

Thanks for the clarification, Raster. I have actually been taking the Fiber 3 from NOW, which has no husk in it, with the clay. I have also been drinking several glasses of lemon water a day. At night, I am drinking the website's hideous and disgusting liver (sorry for the descriptive terms, but that is probably one of the worst things that has ever passed my lips) flush with the garlic, olive oil and ginger. Any idea if that is a good one to do for a while?

I am in Stage 1 now. I shortened the cleanse to 3 days because of my busy lifestyle. It wasn't working well and I needed more than veggies only to function. On this stage, will Ganoush be an okay dip with all natural Garden of Eatin blue corn chips? The Ganoush is Eggplant, Tahini paste, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and Coriander Seed. Also, would hummus be acceptable? I'm trying to find something beyond the veggie/egg meal, though that is what I am going to try to have for breakfast and lunch for awhile.

So, you recommend not working out? How about a lighter routine?

Thank you very much for your last response and in advance if you respond again. It is very appreciated!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:31:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline raster  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 4:31:52 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

I don't recommend working out until die-off symptoms have subsided and you get your legs underneath you. If you do want to work out, I recommend just walking for 45 minutes per day max or doing something less taxing like yardwork. If you workout while detoxing from candida, your immune system could be too taxed to fight it off effectively.

I would completely avoid corn until the diet is over, it doesn't have any benefit to you on the diet and is not on the allowed foods list.

Beans should be saved for phase 2 per the allowed foods list. I have had garbanzo beans on salads during stage 1 without any drawback.

If tahini is a spicy food item, I would not have it until the diet is over or phase 2 at the earliest.

I didn't do the cleanse and so don't have any advice.

-raster
Offline orka1998  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:36:13 AM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Tahini should be made purely by ground up roasted sesame seeds. Sesame seed oil is allowed so I see no reason for Tahini not to be. It's great nutrition wise and it has many health benefits. Here is one article that sums it up well:

http://www.happyjuicer.com/tahini.aspx

I must thank you kmah! I used to have tahini in the house just for the homemade hummus and since I can't have it on this diet I didn't purchase any tahini in a while (used to make my own but it's so much work so I started to use purchased one instead). It just occurred to me that it would be so yummy in all kinds of recipes. Also, why not spread it on the bread instead of some peanut butter??? I'm off to get some tomorrow :)

Offline Javizy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:16:37 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'd recommend staying away from tahini/sesame for the first few weeks at least. It's a common allergen, so it's a good idea to introduce it as a test item like with coconut, buckwheat etc. I got a bad skin reaction and fatigued feeling after trying tahini and I've never known myself to have a sesame allergy. You'll be able to tell what you're sensitive to when you stay away from everything and then slowly introduce one thing at a time. Unfortunately for me, Greek yoghurt made me feel even worse than the tahini, and I ate loads of yoghurt with seemingly no problem before starting the diet :-(
Offline orka1998  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:35:44 AM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks for the warning Javizy! I will test it first.

I too have noticed that I might have sensitivity to some food items I was not sensitive to before. Yoghurt is off the list for me as well and I had it for a while before I had to cut it out. One day I had a cup of yoghurt and all the noise and dizziness etc. started like within 10 minutes. Tried it again next day and the first sip gave me a reaction. Decided not to risk and cut it out. It was a commercial yoghurt so I assumed it had something in there which bothers me.

I can't have any of herbal teas, they all make me dizzy almost instantly. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I tried several times. Every time I have chamomile tea, I'm half way on the cup and I start getting dizzy and all weird. Same with mint, nettle leaf. Vertigo is my main candida symptom besides the stomach problems. What's worst is that kefir makes me dizzy and shaky and relatively quickly like within minutes so it can't be die off. I though it out on kefir since it has so many benefits. I had a bad die-off and I stopped kefir for 3 days. Recovered from die-off and didn't have even the standard dizziness I always have. Had a cup of kefir tonight and the dizzy/shaky feeling was back. I noticed that my tongue burns a little when I drink kefir (not the usual soda burn, but different). Is it possible that it's causing die-off immediately on the oral thrush? Who knows for sure...

Tomorrow doc is testing me for food sensitivities and I am curious to see what I developed. Of course he doesn't think food sensitivities and candida are related.
Offline raster  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:43:55 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

The reason you are reacting to these herbal teas is because they are antifungal. Chamomile is one of the strongest antifungal teas out there.

The yogurt may have too much sugar per serving, but if not, you might just not be ready for it considering you can't handle kefir.

I am interested in the results of your food sensitivity tests.

-raster
Offline raedwards78  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:25:34 AM(UTC)
raedwards78

Hello. Keep on track. I did this diet for the first time last year after being a total emotional and physical mess. (constant allergies, untreatable weird skin issues, brain fog, anxiety, depression ...the whole 9 yards.) When I was done with the 8 weeks I felt the most normal ive felt in 6 years or so. It was great!

I just started the cleanse on Monday, it's a good yearly thing to do at spring time, especially if you are prone to it. And fall back into bad habits.

So last year, when I needed this diet most, I was in so much paint about day 4-6. All of my organs just ached (stomache, liver, my sides, back.. everything). The yeast just want sugar so bad before the die off. Just push throught the first week and you'll start feeling a lot better.

I found the best way to cope is to talk about it with friends who have done this cleanse in the past and can offer you encouragement and share their awefuly stories with you. Haha.
Offline raedwards78  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:38:50 AM(UTC)
raedwards78

P.S. If you want to work out but feel shake-y try an easy 30 minutes of yoga each day to keep limber and streatch out the yuck!
Offline bighopes  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 2:06:58 AM(UTC)
bighopes

I find it interesting that we can start to react to things we never reacted to before. why is that? I had a scalding feeling in the tubes behind my ears after eating a small piece of cauliflower just yesterday and it really set me back psychologicallyd as I'm three months into the diet! and will it go away again in the long term?
Offline orka1998  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 7:03:23 PM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

bighopes: I would test it again if it's a single occurrence. Maybe it's a coincidence and maybe the pain was caused by something else. I always try it at least twice, sometimes three times for food items that are important to me to be sure to check if I get the reaction every time.

I was eating tomatoes as I did not have any sensitivity to them. One day I was sure I had a reaction to the tomato. I didn't change any of the ingredients and tried it again. Nothing happened ever again.