Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Thomas  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:53:11 AM(UTC)
Thomas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Has there been made any test with hemp oil and Candida? I saw a documentary about the use of hemp oil in healing cancer and other heavy duty sicknesses.
I wonder if you heard something about that Able?

cheers
Thomas
Sponsor
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:50:44 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 571 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Thomas wrote:
Has there been made any test with hemp oil and Candida? I saw a documentary about the use of hemp oil in healing cancer and other heavy duty sicknesses. I wonder if you heard something about that Able?

Hi, Thomas.

Actually hemp contains both antifungal and antibacterial properties. The antifungal properties are no doubt due to its 52 to 62% concentrations of total fatty acid composition; fatty acids are an active substance capable of destroying Candida albicans.

Able
Offline Javizy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:57:39 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It's probably because it's a good source of essential fatty acids. Good fats are extremely important for good health, and a lack of EFAs is common in people with all sorts of degenerative diseases, including cancer. There are reams of studies on the benefits of supplementation and how EFAs can help and even reverse disease, and that's why omega-3 supplements have become so popular. I'd recommend a distilled liquid fish oil with a high DHA content if you wanted to start. Flax and hemp are good sources but require additional breakdown steps, and some people have poorly functioning enzymes that make the conversion inefficient. I'm not sure how EFAs directly affect candida, but having improved health in all sorts of ways surely can't hurt.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:58:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified