Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jamesb  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:58:44 PM(UTC)
jamesb

Groups: Registered

As anyone having been on the diet and experienced the "normal die off" symptoms suddenly started experiencing a new symptom. I am now starting to suffer from both big toes being red and sore, Im suppose it's a type of gout. It's come on out of the blue, anyone else experienced this symptom, is it still die off?
Sponsor
Offline Thomas  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:22:17 PM(UTC)
Thomas

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
It could be that your biggest organ the skin is activated to push out the toxins your body is cleaning out. I experienced a worsening of my symptoms and at the same time I could experience days where the symptoms subsided.

I developed as well new symptoms I never had before. Like heart palpations and depression.

yours
thomas
Offline Javizy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:00:16 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've heard of people on low-carb diets experiencing gout, but as a result of pre-existing factors, rather than being caused by the diet itself. I can't remember the details, but you might be able to find something on Google.
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:29:25 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
jamesb wrote:
As anyone having been on the diet and experienced the "normal die off" symptoms suddenly started experiencing a new symptom. I am now starting to suffer from both big toes being red and sore, Im suppose it's a type of gout. It's come on out of the blue, anyone else experienced this symptom, is it still die off?

Hello, James.
Since you have a Candida infestation, my first inclination is to ask you to check your basal temperature for several days in a row. Hypothyroidism is not unusual with the infestation, and one of the several symptoms of hypothyroidism is gout; as you mentioned, gout sometimes exhibits the ‘big toe soreness.’
How to take the basal body temperature (scroll down the page):
http://www.thecandidadie...6_exercize--walking.aspx

Hypothyroidism symptoms are:
• Being more sensitive to cold
• Constipation
• Depression
• Fatigue or feeling slowed down
• For women, heavier menstrual periods
• Joint or muscle pain
• Paleness or dry skin
• Thin, brittle hair or fingernails
• Weakness
• Weight gain (this symptom would be difficult to acquire while on the Candida diet)

Gout symptoms are:
• Inflammation, especially in the area of the big toe(s)
• In addition to the above, any of the following, feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists can also be affected in the same manner.
• The affected area or joints can become swollen, sore, tender and red.
• Since your big toes are affected, you might notice that, at night, the soreness can be so intense that just the light pressure from the sheet is intolerable.
• Red or purplish skin around the affected joint, which looks and feels infected.

The Candida, Hypothyroidism & Gout Connection

Quote: “Often missed as a companion of gout; hypothyroidism has a frequency of occurrence with gout that is significant and is probably a precipitating factor in gout attacks. The physician should be alert for signs and symptoms of this often occult disease in patients with hyperuricemia and gout.”
Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association: vol. 87

Gout is caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints and surrounding tissues. It first builds up in your blood, and via the bloodstream, deposits can form in or one or more of the joints.

What does the build-up of uric acid causing gout symptoms have to do with Candida?

A better question would be, how does Candida cause a build-up of uric acid? That’s really very simple to explain; uric acid is dissolved by beneficial bacteria in the large intestine; if very little of the acid is dissolved, the resulting overabundance of uric acid can result in a build-up causing gout symptoms. Are you beginning to see the connection? The smaller the population of beneficial bacteria you have in the intestines, the less uric acid will be dissolved; the more uric acid left in your body, the more likely it will be to experience the symptoms of gout.

For the "newbies" who are so far still confused by this connection; a low population of beneficial bacteria following a round of antibiotics or an extremely unhealthy diet consisting of only carbohydrates and sugar can cause a Candida albicans infestation. In other words, it's very normal for Candida sufferers to have an extremely low population of beneficial bacteria in their intestines.

Questions welcomed.

Able

The large toe can look similar to this when gout is present.
UserPostedImage
Offline xday2dazex  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:47:38 AM(UTC)
xday2dazex

I had a similar flare up during the middle of my cleanse but it's started to subside. my knuckles got very raw and red and started to crack from the cold weather. I think Thomas is right in my case and possibly in yours too because every time I've gone on probiotics or recently the cleanse diet, I've experienced either new or worsening symptoms. Hang in there. I'm having a tough time too.