Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline agni  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:54:30 PM(UTC)
agni

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My boyfriend, seeing my sweet tooth being completely deprived of any indulgence whatsoever for almost a month, one evening brought me a “Choco perfection” chocolate bar. It’s a sugar free bar with 100% natural sweeteners (oligofructose and erythritol), that should actually benefit Candida sufferers!!
I couldn’t find any negative information about it, just positive coments. And it tastes deliciously devine!!!
Sponsor
Offline Elizabeth  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:40:12 AM(UTC)
Elizabeth

I am a chocolate lover! I found it most painful when I had to give it up, but I found an alternative. We buy Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder. I add about a teaspoon of that and stevia to my oatmeal and it is great! Helps me start my day.
Offline Dee  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:57:14 PM(UTC)
Dee

Hi, I am new to the forum and the first thing I see is CHOCOLATE! I was under the impression that any kind of sweeteners are not allowed?? Natural sweeteners like honey etc also disallowed?? I sincerely hope I have got it wrong?
Offline kaye  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 3:51:11 AM(UTC)
kaye

your allowed xylitol in second stage of diet , i went to a nutritionist and its fine, it actually helps with oral thrush , look it up on wikipedia and google :-) . however the choclate the person above has mentioned is not good as it has caffeine in it , i know as i got excited and ordered it . i felt like crap after it. my nutrisionist has recommended a chocolate alternative called carob, ive found a yummy one called siesta bars , in mint and orange , ok its not cadbury but its better than nothing , hope this helps x
Offline kelandu  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 12:36:03 AM(UTC)
kelandu

plamil is a uk company that sells gluten free, dairy free, sugar free chocolate(made with xlotol) spelling lol. i have it all the time and love it, its safe to eat and i highly recommend it
Offline kaye  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:43:43 AM(UTC)
kaye

the only thing with plamil is it has caffeine in it , quite alot and it feeds the candida . ive found siesta carob bars a god send :-)
Offline Hope  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:16:57 PM(UTC)
Hope

Yeah, I'm really sorry guys, but I have to agree with the posters above who said that the caffeine in chocolate is one of the primary reasons it's a no go on a candida-diet. Even if it's sugar and lactose free, it isn't going to be caffeine free. Caffeine, even in small amounts, is going to feed your candida.

Carob powder *can* be a somewhat satisying alternative. It's caffeine free, but you have to get used to using it. In baked recipes, it can be used as a 1:1 substitute for unsweetened cocoa powder. Other than that, it does best when hot liquid is added to it (not the other way around - it won't dissolve well and will clump up) while whisking pretty vigorously. I've made some yummy things with it and stevia, though. It's worth a shot.

So, sorry about the bad news on the chocolate. If you're serious about getting rid of your yeast, though, you really want to get yourself off of caffeine completely.

User is suspended until 11/26/2014 3:56:01 AM(UTC) ive2apples  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:13:59 AM(UTC)
ive2apples

Natural sweeteners are also sugar! Fructose, for instance, is the sugar of fruit.
If you want chocolate, I think the best would be raw organic cacao.

Cheers.
User is suspended until 1/27/4750 3:50:53 AM(UTC) rgomez  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:31:42 PM(UTC)
rgomez

Hope wrote:
So, sorry about the bad news on the chocolate. If you're serious about getting rid of your yeast, though, you really want to get yourself off of caffeine completely.

Yeah that is pretty much a bummer! I know you should stay away from caffeine completely, shame that chocolate contains some. Why does it have to be ;( Chocolate is so good!

Edited by moderator Friday, March 02, 2012 3:50:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kelandu  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 3:55:03 AM(UTC)
kelandu

great! i feel well depressed now lol. i love the plamil choc but didnt know it contained caffeine, it helps me get through my early morning cleaning job because my sleep is poor and im tired out. so now what? grrrr lol
Offline raster  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 5:30:11 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 727 time(s) in 601 post(s)
Dark chocolate is the best for the candida diet because it contains less sugars. Almost all chocolate contains a high amount of caffeine which is not beneficial to the diet.
User is suspended until 7/18/2039 3:55:39 AM(UTC) Tuula  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:19:45 PM(UTC)
Tuula

kelandu wrote:
caffeine, it helps me get through my early morning cleaning job because my sleep is poor and im tired out. so now what? grrrr lol

Hi Kelandu,
why don't you try having a tablespoon of Coconut oil in the morning. It gives you a lot of energy and is actually healthy and fights candida! You could have 3 Tbs per day and it is very beneficial!

I've made my own chocolates from raw organic cacao, coconut oil and stevia just mixed together and divided onto a chocolate tray and refrigerated. When I feel the need for chocolate, I'll have a couple of these and I'm fine again:)
Offline skyblue  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:15:58 AM(UTC)
skyblue

Woman
United States

Tuula wrote:
http://howicuredmycandida.com

Tuula; are you promoting your own profitable website on the forum? Just curious as this appears to be the case since you've posted the very same website on all of your posts. In other words, six posts and six links all to the same website.

Just so you know, those of us who are regular members of the forum will pay no attention to your comments if we're aware that this is what you're really doing.

Skyblue

Edited by user Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:17:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline soldia4  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:03:30 PM(UTC)
soldia4

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Carob has sugar in it :( I know...devastating.

Also ladies, those siesta carob bars have soy in them > soya powder and soya lecithin. Soy is also a no go. But if you've been eating these bars and feeling good maybe they work for you? Everyone has different food sensitivities.

Edited by user Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:07:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 7/18/2039 3:55:39 AM(UTC) Tuula  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 6:02:51 PM(UTC)
Tuula

Hi Skyblue,

I am sorry if you were taken aback from my comments. I am only commenting from my own experience, since I've known about my candida from July 2011.

I am not actually posting the howicuredmycandida website with every post but it comes automatically from the signature. That is what the signatures are for and it is quite legitimate. And the website is not profitable as you refer, not anymore than this 'The Candida Diet' website.

My website is for people to read freely about my journey to full health again. If someone gets any consolation or advice from it, then I am just happy for them. The couple of ads that are on the site are products that I have personally purchased and used, and found to be beneficial.

Do you really think that the keeper of this forum and website is doing it without trying to get some compensation for their time, effort and costs that it takes to build up a website and run it?

I'd appreciate if you didn't badmouth me, since I am sincere and just trying to communicate with others in the same situation as me. I started my blog to help me deal with candida and believe it or not, some people really think it is a good place of information.

Cheers,
Tuula
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:22:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I love chocolate but I only eat the dark ones since its good for our diet so whenever my craving hits I just order at TCN since they have lots of dark chocolates to choose from.

Edited by user Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:24:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 2:36:50 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 559 time(s) in 385 post(s)
yanna wrote:
I love chocolate but I only eat the dark ones since its good for our diet

So, how’s that working for you? Other than satisfying a craving for chocolate?
(and where did you read that?)
Offline sby  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 9:30:08 AM(UTC)
sby

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
About Stevia...I noticed at the store the other day that some stevia brands have dextrose or fructose (which defeats the purpose!) and other stuff...so make sure you read the labels.

sby
Offline wishnhope  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 11:26:56 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

dark chocolate eh? Is that real? I'd loooove to do a 90% organic cacao bar at some point..
Offline Golfer4588  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 4:16:23 AM(UTC)
Golfer4588

Shame the siesta carob bars are out!

Anyone found any alternatives in the UK?