Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cameronbroumand  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:40:16 AM(UTC)
cameronbroumand

Groups: Registered

I have been the diet for about two weeks. I have done the diet before but I definately had it worse than I ever before I started the diet. Just yesterday starting getting dizzy spells and last night in the middle of the night I fainted. All day I have had numerous dizzy spells but have not fainted. It feels like vertigo as it is described. Has anyone else had this experience especially after two weeks of being on the diet. I did cheat twice with coffee. And half a drink last night, vodka. Never have felt this way before just trying to get some insight on this
Sponsor
Offline Pina  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:15:16 AM(UTC)
Pina

cameron, I had the same extreme fatigue and dizziness for about 2 weeks, definitely felt worse than when I started before I improved. I stayed mostly in bed 3-4 days during those first 2 weeks and doing the simplest things were taxing. I would say now I am better than where I was now (past a month now) but have a ways to go.

However this is a diet where you just cannot cheat at. The more you keep cheating, the longer you prolong your recovery and lengthen the illness. If you keep drinking caffeine you won't get over your body's dependency on it, and alcohol is just a big no for the candida diet.

Good luck!

Edited by user Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:54:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cameronbroumand  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:53:52 AM(UTC)
cameronbroumand

Thank you for your response. It is such a strange feeling that everytime you stand up dizzy. Not very fun. Has anyone out there ever fainted on the diet?
Offline monita  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 1:18:47 AM(UTC)
monita

Woman

I had been taking most of the 'bad' things out of my diet for a good few weeks but have been doing the diet properly for about a week now and I have dizzy spells when I stand up as well.

I got the odd dizzy spell as one of my candida symptoms. I think it may be a pre cursor for die off symptoms. It could also be a sign of dehydration and as you need to drink lots of water to help flush out the toxins etc I would suggest upping your intake of water.
Offline raster  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:03:54 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 862 time(s) in 719 post(s)
One way to reduce or completely eliminate die off symptoms is to sweat 6 days a week in a sauna, steam room, or hot tub. Read my mucoid post if possible. You can join 24hr fitness and use their sauna room for a cheap monthly rate (as an example and if you can afford it); but sweating those toxins out can really help you feel better faster.

On a side note: I dunno if I'd do this if you are having fainting spells (could make it worse), but maybe at the least consider taking a hot bath at night with some salt.