Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Javizy  
#121 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:11:35 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I take it bean sprouts are okay? They have the same carb stats as a turnip, and three times the protein.
Offline Himawari  
#122 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:32:33 PM(UTC)
Himawari

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was wondering about ginger last night. It has a lot of good health properties, and while it does seem a bit on the sweet/starchy side, it's rarely eaten in large quantities (usually as a powder or a marble-sized pile of grated raw ginger).
Offline Javizy  
#123 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:01:57 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Himawari wrote:
I was wondering about ginger last night. It has a lot of good health properties, and while it does seem a bit on the sweet/starchy side, it's rarely eaten in large quantities (usually as a powder or a marble-sized pile of grated raw ginger).

Ginger is part of the detox drink, isn't it? I assumed it was allowed.
Offline garrus  
#124 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 5:53:31 PM(UTC)
garrus

so is brown rice bran flour the same as Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Rice Flour?
Offline Frenchy  
#125 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:41:33 AM(UTC)
Frenchy

Is there a "do not eat list" for either phase 1 or 2? Sometimes its easier for me to see the do not rather than the do's.

Questions:

1. Is tofu okay?
2. Corn - specifically corn tortillas?
3. Can I use canned beans instead of dry?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:44:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline raster  
#126 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:47:16 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Those items are not on the allowed food list frenchy and should be avoided. Corn contains sugar and tofu is highly inflammatory. All soy products are to be avoided. If you want to see a decent foods to avoid list, check out the main website.

Garrus: Brown rice flour is different than rice bran. Bob's red mill also makes rice bran.

Himawari: Ginger is allowed

Javizy: I believe bean sprouts are OK also and are highly nutritous (from what I've heard).

-Raster
Offline garrus  
#127 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:02:22 AM(UTC)
garrus

So Raster, would that mean I couldn't have Brown Rice Flour? And also I don't see Brown Rice Bran Flour, only Rice Bran Flour, is that what you were talking about?
Offline raster  
#128 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:33:25 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Brown rice flour isn't allowed but ric bran flour is allowed. I personally was allergic to rice bran flour, so consider it as a test food item.

-Raster
Offline garrus  
#129 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:50:38 AM(UTC)
garrus

Got it, thanks!
Offline M  
#130 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:13:54 AM(UTC)
M

I've noticed that coriander and curry powder are not on the list. Any particular reason why? What about organic coriander/curry powder with nothing added?
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#131 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:27:42 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 563 time(s) in 386 post(s)
M wrote:
I've noticed that coriander and curry powder are not on the list. Any particular reason why? What about organic coriander/curry powder with nothing added?

Cilantro is the Spanish word for coriander leaves and cilantro was already on the list; coriander is a Greek word. Many of people use cilantro to chelate mercury from their body.

The roots of the turmeric plant are ground up and used in curry powders, turmeric is on the list but I've added curry. Curry can actually be used as a detoxing agent. Both of these are acceptable on the diet.

Able

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:31:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline garrus  
#132 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:56:53 AM(UTC)
garrus

Hey Raster/Able, so why isn't regular brown rice flour allowed? I keep seeing it everywhere for the Candida Diet, and since brown rice is on the main website, I'm not sure why brown rice flour wouldn't be good, but maybe I'm missing something.
Offline Javizy  
#133 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

garrus wrote:
Hey Raster/Able, so why isn't regular brown rice flour allowed? I keep seeing it everywhere for the Candida Diet, and since brown rice is on the main website, I'm not sure why brown rice flour wouldn't be good, but maybe I'm missing something.

Compared to buckwheat, it has a higher GI, less fibre and protein, and a slight amount of sugar. It's not really much over white rice, and is overrated as a health food.

I'm still not sure what makes buckwheat and oat bran so much better than the alternatives given the nutritional facts alone. Oat bran in particular is pretty close to normal oats. Maybe the type of polysaccharides or something? The question about why sugar is okay here but not there is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Offline M  
#134 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:11:40 PM(UTC)
M

I've had a reaction to brown rice so it's off the menu for the time being. It gave me dry, sore lips though I'm still in stage/phase one of the diet so probably not the best time to be eating it.
Offline CT  
#135 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:46:43 AM(UTC)
CT

I've recently started the candida diet again after stopping it at christmas so I am at the beginning stage again. I just wondered whether almond milk is okay in stage one as I read a post by Able that almond flour is okay once baked because the mold will be killed. Would this work in the same way for almond milk if heated?

Also I was just wondering why blueberries or raspberries are not a test food after 4 weeks, like the granny smith apple. I thought these two fruits had less fructose in them than the apple?

Also are yeast free stocks allowed? Ingredients: sea salt, hydrolysed soya and maize protein, vegetable fat, carrot, onion, tomato, herbs (lovage, parsley), spices (celery, pepper, mace, tumeric).

Sorry one last question!

How often can stevia be eaten?

Edited by user Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:17:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#136 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:44:40 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

CT wrote:
I've recently started the candida diet again after stopping it at christmas so I am at the beginning stage again. I just wondered whether almond milk is okay in stage one as I read a post by Able that almond flour is okay once baked because the mold will be killed. Would this work in the same way for almond milk if heated?

Also I was just wondering why blueberries or raspberries are not a test food after 4 weeks, like the granny smith apple. I thought these two fruits had less fructose in them than the apple?

Also are yeast free stocks allowed? Ingredients: sea salt, hydrolysed soya and maize protein, vegetable fat, carrot, onion, tomato, herbs (lovage, parsley), spices (celery, pepper, mace, tumeric).

How often can stevia be eaten?

All of these questions are answered on the "Allowed Foods" post other than the question concerning Stevia. I would limit it to perhaps twice a day following the detox period; but only if you purchase pure Stevia with no ingredients other than FOS or inulin.

Allowed Foods:
http://www.thecandidadie..._ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able
Offline CT  
#137 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:46:44 AM(UTC)
CT

Able900 wrote:
All of these questions are answered on the "Allowed Foods" post other than the question concerning Stevia. I would limit it to perhaps twice a day following the detox period; but only if you purchase pure Stevia with no ingredients other than FOS or inulin.

Allowed Foods:
http://www.thecandidadie..._ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

Sorry I think I needed to be clearer. I did notice that raspberries and blueberries aren't on the allowed food list, but I just wondered why they are not included. I cannot eat apples due to fructose malabsorption and I wanted to be able to eventually eat some sort of fruit.

I assumed that most fruits cannot be eaten on the candida diet because they contain the natural sugar fructose. I don't know whether there are any other reasons? But I just wondered why apples can be eaten but not raspberries when raspberries have a lower fructose content?
#138 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:05:20 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

CT wrote:
But I just wondered why apples can be eaten but not raspberries when raspberries have a lower fructose content?

One of the main objections of the Candida diet, actually just as if not more important than avoiding food for the Candida, is feeding the beneficial bacteria in the intestines, because without the bacteria multiplying and colonizing, you would never cure the infestation.

In-vitro test-studies show that pectin will feed the beneficial bacteria as well as prevent pathogens such as Candida albicans cells from adhering to the intestinal walls.

Pectin is a natural fiber found in plant cell walls, but more specifically and more concentrated it's found in the skin of sour fruits. Granny Smith apples with their tart taste and abundant skin are also abundant in pectin; this abundance is the reason that Granny Smith Apples were chosen over other types of fruit.

If you want to test raspberries or blueberries, you're welcome to go ahead as no one is telling you that you can't. Our protocol and diet are only suggestions.

Able
Offline Javizy  
#139 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:49:48 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

I'd go with raspberries if you wanted to eat fruit. They have a lot less sugar than blueberries and a much better fibre to sugar ratio. Check out http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Able900 wrote:
If you want to test raspberries or blueberries, you're welcome to go ahead as no one is telling you that you can't. Our protocol and diet are only suggestions.

Does the same go for the low-lactose cheeses I was mentioning before? Cheese seems to be a no-go on most candida diets, but if it's less than 1% sugar and doesn't contain mould, would it be safe as a test food later on? My meals tend to be well-balanced, so I'd be eating it with fibre and probably even some kind of prebiotic and probiotic, and of course in moderation. Just interested in your opinion.
#140 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:58:07 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Javizy wrote:
Does the same go for the low-lactose cheeses I was mentioning before? Cheese seems to be a no-go on most candida diets, but if it's less than 1% sugar and doesn't contain mould, would it be safe as a test food later on?
Javizy, just as I wrote to CT, no one is making you adhere to our diet; you didn’t sign a contract when you joined the forum stating that you agree to do what we suggest. The protocol and diet is what it is because it’s been tested many times over by various members, including myself and has established its efficiency in fighting and curing Candida albicans.

If you or anyone else wishes to change the diet, do so, but if you choose to change the foods list to suit your taste, just please don’t come back in a month or so and tell us that the diet doesn’t work and only made you worse

I realy don't wish to continue explaining the reasons for the diet any further as I think I've done that sufficiently in other posts. Now it's up to each member as to whether or not they wish to follow the diet "as it is written."

Able