Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline matvei15  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
matvei15

Groups: Registered

On week three of my candida cleanse diet, and this morning I passed a stool that was somewhat loose but contained three or four solid perfectly round greenish balls. Is this yeast die-off? I've had some mild dull pain in my kidney areas with increased thirst, but otherwise, fairly healthy.
Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:52:16 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 861 time(s) in 718 post(s)
I am no expert on the cleanse, but 3 weeks is a bit long to be on it! You should consider starting the regular phase 1 diet soon...

Are you doing the psyllium husk and clay cleanse?

-Raster
Offline matvei15  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:13:42 AM(UTC)
matvei15

My apologies, to clarify, I am on the diet (which I referred to as the cleanse). I bypassed the first stage/cleanse because at the start of the diet, I was already eating extremely healthy and avoided most of the foods already not allowed on the official diet. At the start of the diet, my sugar intake was very low and I started feeling a brain fog, nausea, etc. That has all subsided. I plateaued and felt fairly well but in the last few days I've had dull pains in my kidney areas and have had a feeling of thirst despite drinking plenty of water (with some sea salt occasionally).
Offline raster  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:29:33 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

I have never heard of this happening to anyone so I would consider talking to a registered (naturopathic) doctor.

How has your other stools been? Digestion problems are very common when getting over candida and it is very important to have proper flow. If you experience any pain or discomfort, I recommend consulting a doctor.

-Raster
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:08:34 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Usually, during the first few weeks of the treatment period, a fairly drastic change in the stool results from the liver being flushed out by the detox effect of the diet. I wouldn't worry unless it continues for say 5 or 6 days or if the pain worsens - then, definitely see a doctor of some sort.

Able
Offline Riinehart  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 2:33:38 AM(UTC)
Riinehart

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I also had those dull kidney pains for my first several weeks on the diet. Now, after about 3 months, they seem to have almost entirely gone away, although I feel them briefly here and there.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has/had same?

I had assumed this was related to the urinary tract problems that we were discussing in another thread, but maybe not?
Offline Javizy  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 3:10:32 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Riinehart wrote:
I also had those dull kidney pains for my first several weeks on the diet. Now, after about 3 months, they seem to have almost entirely gone away, although I feel them briefly here and there.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has/had same?

I had assumed this was related to the urinary tract problems that we were discussing in another thread, but maybe not?

Maybe it's related to your adrenal glands. I've heard others talk about pains around the top of their kidneys. Did you consume much caffeine before starting the diet?
Offline matvei15  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 4:20:50 AM(UTC)
matvei15

Javizy wrote:
Maybe it's related to your adrenal glands. I've heard others talk about pains around the top of their kidneys. Did you consume much caffeine before starting the diet?

I'm sure I've exhibited some adrenal exhaustion, although my cortisol levels are still normal in regards to their circadian rhythm. No caffeine, alcohol, drugs, or smoking. That is why this has been nuts, I was quite healthy before all this, but I believe the catalyst to be stress. Anyhow, this morning I woke up with dark urine, after feeling parched before bed, even though I drank copious amounts of water in the day (with sea salt at times). My urine was crystal clear all throughout the day. The pain has seem to subside for now, but the thirsty mouth is still here. I have my first hockey game tonight after a long break, and I'm naturally concerned about my system. On a side note, now that I'm in week three, is it advisable to begin a good probiotic? Thanks for all the help.
Offline raster  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 4:23:25 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

One thing I remember is that I used to get severe pain because of bad constipation. You could be very constipated causing strain on the body. Just a thought...

Offline matvei15  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 4:27:00 AM(UTC)
matvei15

raster wrote:
One thing I remember is that I used to get severe pain because of bad constipation. You could be very constipated causing strain on the body. Just a thought...

That definitely is a good thought and one I thought as well, but fortunately I don't think I'm constipated at this point (or am I - two stools in two days?). I'm wondering if my potassium/sodium balance is off for some reason. I did recently purchase molybdenum in 150 mg tablets, so perhaps that will aid the process. What is your recommendation dosage wise? Are there any sides?
Offline raster  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 4:28:49 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

The protocol can answer many of your questions:

http://www.thecandidadie...Raster-The-Protocol.aspx
Offline matvei15  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 4:29:58 AM(UTC)
matvei15

One more thing to add is that I haven't shown any true dehydration symptoms. My heart and BP are fine, my skin is responsive, no dizziness, eyes are white, etc. Strange!
Offline Riinehart  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 5:30:59 AM(UTC)
Riinehart

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Javizy, yea that's an interesting thought. I definitely drank a lot of caffeine before the diet and went cold turkey once beginning.

I don't know much about adrenal glands, I'll try to look into it. Thanks!

matvei, I also get the same symptoms as you, very thirsty at seemingly random times, dark urine upon waking up (even though clear throughout day), etc.

I haven't been to a urologist yet, but I had urine tests taken by my regular doctor and sent to lab that indicated everything was okay (which, for them, probably just means no blood, no bacterial infection). My most recent blood tests also supposedly showed that my kidneys are functioning normally, as well.

Strange, I wish I had a better understanding of what's wrong.

Offline matvei15  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 5:48:57 AM(UTC)
matvei15

I've also had blood/urine tests and all OK. Only interesting lab result that has been consistent has been low platelets (around 100-120). They say I have mild ITP, but I think it's stress. Never had a problem before.
Offline kirstyk4  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 6:19:09 AM(UTC)
kirstyk4

I thought it was pretty normal to have slightly darker urine in the morning because go about 8 hours without drinking water (while sleeping). Some people a little longer depending on how long before bed they drank water.

If your urine is normal throughout the rest of the day, I doubt there is anything to be concerned about. Just make sure drink lots of water. Especially if experiencing any die off and need to flush toxins from the body.

What is the purpose of drinking water with sea salt?

Kirsty
Offline Javizy  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 6:50:04 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
kirstyk4 wrote:
What is the purpose of drinking water with sea salt?

To help maintain electrolytes, I assume. I was wondering if I wasn't drinking too much water. I had 1.5 litres between 7-10pm without eating anything after dinner and felt like crap the next morning. It's hard to pinpoint a cause for anything having given up so many foods/toxins all at once, though.
Offline matvei15  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2012 7:08:59 AM(UTC)
matvei15

That's correct, especially since many candida sufferers suffer from at least mild adrenal fatigue.

http://www.livestrong.co...8231-adrenal-gland-salt/