Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Angel29  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:20:25 PM(UTC)
Angel29

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
My doctor told me my LDL (bad cholesterol) is high again. According to many sources I've read, high cholesterol is caused by carbs, NOT meat consumption, so I am wondering why my cholesterol is high again. I'm very disappointed in that I thought this diet would help my cholesterol, not make it worse.

At this point I have no idea what to eat. I can't eat carbs at all. All I was eating on a daily basis was meat and veggies.

Any thoughts?
Sponsor
Offline impossible  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:36:20 PM(UTC)
impossible

United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Most good docs consider high cholesterol to be a product of inflammation. The body uses cholesterol for several things, mainly repairing itself and building hormones, which it uses more of in times of inflammation. As long as your eating healthy fats, its prolly not much to worry about. Treat the source of the inflammation and see what happens.
Offline TheChosenOne  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 1:44:20 PM(UTC)
TheChosenOne

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Who told you that carbs causes high LDL?
Low-density lipoprotein is a protein that carries cholesterol, it's not cholesterol itself.
LDL carries a various amount of fat molecules into artery walls. HDL a protein that does the exact opposite.
If you are high in HDL, it doesn't really matter if you are high in LDL. Did you check this too? It's the balance between these two that is important.
LDL is not bad per se. It's only bad if it's way too high. (The qualification for being high on LDL has been lowered the past centuries.)
In any case DO NOT use statin drugs, something that a doctor might prescribe. Just google around a bit and you will know why. (It blocks the production of the Q10 enzyme.)
The best way to maintain your cholesterol is to eat a lot of vegetable oil. Especially extra virgin coconut oil is very good to balance HDL/LDL.
I also hear that oat meal also decreases the LDL.
Don't steal. The government hates competition.
Offline impossible  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:29:26 PM(UTC)
impossible

United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Its not even the number that matters, cholesterol particle size & shape and inflammation determine risk. Eat healthy foods, lots of veges, good fats, lower inflammation and dont worry about it.