Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Javizy  
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 10:48:45 PM(UTC)
Javizy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I can't get a reference on this, but selenium and glutathione (NAC is a cheap source) could be helpful too. These are important antioxidants in any case, and easily depleted when suffering from an infection, e.g. candida.

Hypothyroidism is also a big cause, and a lot of people with candida also have this. If you've stopped iodised salt, an iodine supplement like kelp is essential to avoid worsening the problem. A lot of people have mentioned hypothyroid symptoms on here. Here's a list for anyone who's curious.

Signs of Hypothyroidism
(which may indicate iodine deficiency)

brittle nails
cold hands/feet
cold intolerance
constipation
depression
difficulty swallowing
dry skin
elevated cholesterol
essential hypertension
eyelid swelling
fatigue
hair loss
hoarseness hypotension
inability to concentrate
infertility
irritability
menstrual irregularities
muscle cramps
muscle weakness
nervousness
poor memory
puffy eye
slower heartbeat
throat pain
weight gain
Offline Javizy  
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:17:54 PM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This is a really good article that covers a wide range of causes of constipation and explains what to do about them. It also elaborates nicely on my previous post Causes and Cures for Constipation.
Offline raster  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 4:54:43 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 788 time(s) in 654 post(s)
I also thought that I'd mention that all antifungals can aid digestion and remedy constipations. For instance, if you take a dose of black walnut extract with meals, this will cause greater/easier bowel movements.

-raster
Offline mk3  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:37:16 AM(UTC)
mk3

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been constipated off and on for the last couple months. I take 1tsp of FibreFull by Earthcare 2x daily mixed with bentonite clay in water.

The ingredients in the FibreFull are:
psyllium, flax seed, alfalfa, horse tail, black walnuts, slippery elm, marshmellow root, cayenene peper, hibiscus, lycorice, oat straw, mullen, passion flower and yucca

Does this look like a good blend? From my reading on this site it sounds like psyllium is discouraged in preventing constipation.

Let me know!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:38:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Latka  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:53:13 AM(UTC)
Latka

mk3: if you are taking this mix daily then what is your experience: is it helping you?

I have heard that for some psyllium husk helps them with constipation. For me it made everything worse. So I'm guessing it's quite individual. I think psyllium husk isn't encouraged on the forum because it can be quite harsh for your insides; for people with generally healthy guts that's nothing it could not handle, but for someone with a leaky gut for example it can be irritating.

It is also possible that since you are taking a mix you are not getting that much of psyllium husk per tsp as there are other ingredients as well. Maybe it works better in a mix? All I know is that if you take it on its own you'll need to drink loads of water to avoid it clogging the whole system up.

The mix certainly has some other good constipation remedies: slippery elm, black walnuts, marshmallow root...
Offline curly mop  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:59:44 AM(UTC)
curly mop

Please tell me why this information is not on the main site. Have been trawling through the forum for over an hour to find this ifno and only come across it now. Have been constipated for over two days and you can probably tell by my way of writing this!! Will hold off the bentonite clay and take some recommended herbs. Would epsom salts be too harsh?

Thanks
Offline raster  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:35:02 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Hello Curly mop,

We do not own the website and the people who run the website do not use the forum; they are two completely different sources of information.

-raster
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:11:41 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 562 time(s) in 385 post(s)
curly mop wrote:
Would epsom salts be too harsh?

Epsom salts should be fine for constipation during the treatment. When Epsom salt is ingested as a constipation relief, it has a tendency to draw water from the bloodstream into the digestive tract. The water which accumulates in the colon helps to soften the stool, and the magnesium present in the salt promotes contraction of the bowel muscles allowing easier elimination.

Able
Offline liciabelle  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:05:02 PM(UTC)
liciabelle

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I used to have some serious issues with constipation. Taking a tbsp of Natural Calm with Calcium in the morning and at night really helped. It is in powder form and I highly suggest buying the raspberry-lime flavor from Vitacost.com. That is the best tasting and I found vitacost to have the cheapest price. But... I noticed that I had problems if I forgot to take it. I've been using it for over a year now.

Though the Natural Calm helped me, it didn't help as well as the doTERRA DigestZen blend. That bottle was like liquid gold for me. ALL of my BM issues have vanished since starting to use those essential oils. I'm on cloud 9! I add 1 drop of DigestZen to my water at meal times... but I've backed off using it at every meal since I've seen so much improvement in the past 2 weeks.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.
Offline raster  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:22:56 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

I found a good double whammy that'll cause you to have a big BM very soon afterwards:

rutabega and oat bran, this will clear everything out of your gut!

Both are high in fiber.

-raster
Offline jackrackblack  
#31 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 3:03:31 PM(UTC)
jackrackblack

Andorra

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have any of you been able to get lactulose? It does look promising. I even read you can use it for decades and it doesn't harm you. I guess it is prescription only in the US though. Do any of you know if it is OTC in canada? Like if I drove up there on a long weekend could I bring it back with me?
Offline qwerty090  
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:09:44 PM(UTC)
qwerty090

Vitamin C is good too if you take a few grams at once