Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:48:07 AM(UTC)
Able900

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 563 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS) is often a symptom of Leaky Gut Syndrome which is often caused by a Candida infestation.

A common cause of Intestinal Permeability Syndrome, better known as Leaky Gut Syndrome, is a Candida infestation in the intestines. Candida albicans are capable of growing roots much like a plant; the roots eventually latch onto and grow into the intestinal walls. When this happens, the Candida roots have literally broken through the intestinal walls or lining causing leaky gut syndrome.

Allergies and how leaky gut syndrome cause them:
Mucus membranes normally provide a protective barrier against pathogens as well as food molecules in the human intestinal tract. When these membranes in the intestinal walls become damaged and therefore no longer able to provide protection for the intestines, the structural integrity of the walls in the small intestine is compromised.
When this happens, pathogens and food molecules, especially protein molecules, are able to move into the bloodstream via the intestines at which point they are recognized by the immune system as a foreign substance, or in other words, an allergen. If these molecules and pathogens enter the body in large amounts, the immune system can become adversely affected by hypersensitivity causing overactive immune responses.

Depending on the degree that leaky gut syndrome has affected the intestines, it can possibly and eventually lead to various allergies and auto-immune diseases. This is why so many people with a long-standing Candida infestation often develop allergies.

The best way to prevent leaky gut syndrome is of course to treat the infestation before it reaches this point.

If you even think you may have leaky gut syndrome, you should avoid the following:

(1) Stimulant laxatives, harsh fibers such as psyllium husk (and powder) and wheat bran

(2) Anything which can kill the beneficial flora in the intestines

(3) Aloe concentrates

(4) Strong spices such as cayenne pepper

(5) The herbs goldenseal, barberry, Oregon grape root

(6) Caffeine and excess animal proteins

Products you can use to cure leaky gut syndrome and IBS;

Soluble Fiber is the best dietary aid used in both preventing Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms as well as relieving and curing IBS.

Soluble fiber food sources are:
broccoli (lightly steamed, juiced, or raw)
collard greens
cabbage (lightly steamed)
Dried beans (such as black beans and kidney beans but only if your Candida has been cured to the point of being able to have this in your diet)
Granny Smith apples

A good fiber supplement by the name of Heather's Tummy Fiber Pouch Organic Acacia is especially made for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Amazon carries this supplement.

Leaky gut normally causes inflammation, for this you should build up the intestinal flora by using probiotics as well as prebiotics such as soft fibers like rice bran, oat bran and inulin or FOS.

Yucca root contains a good intestinal anti-inflammatory agent.

Turmeric is good for pathogenic bacteria in the intestines that contribute to the inflammation.

Quercetin along with certain other flavonoids can inhibit the release of histamine and inflammatory mediators. If this is taken before a meal it has the potential of blocking allergic reactions which can increase the permeability of the intestinal walls.

L-glutamine is one of twenty known amino acids. Its capabilities of contributing to the cure of leaky gut syndrome are well documented.
Certain people, however, should not use this amino acid; these are people who suffer from liver or kidney conditions and anyone who suffers from Reye’s disease. Follow directions and dose suggestion on the container.

The Adrenals
Since they control inflammation, it's a good idea to build up the adrenal glands.

Anyone who either contracts a Candida infestation is probably suffering from a low acting immune system, which only makes curing the infestation more difficult. The immune system also needs to be in top working form in order to prevent allergic reactions from happening with both Candida and during strong die-off episodes.

Adrenal Drainers, Boosters and Supports:
Stress is one of the major causes of a low immune system as well as the reason that the adrenals can be difficult to heal.

Stress Helpers are: Pantethine, acetyl-l-carnitine and carnosine
These nutrients provide special stress-reducing nutrients which support the adrenals, help to calm emotional stress, and boost nerve function, mental performance, and mood.

Caffeine has a negativ effect on the adrenals. Inducing stress in the body causes adrenal fatigue which in turn leads to a low immune system. One weak cup of coffee daily is probably not going to cause any major problems unless your adrenals are already extremely weak to begin with. This is because, as the adrenals become weaker this decreases the ability of the body to deal with stress responses. This in turn leads to more stress and further weakening the adrenals. You can see how this can become a downward spiral if the adrenals are not strong enough to rebound from the times of being overworked.

You can help balance stressed adrenals and heal them with the following nutrients from supplements as well as from food sources: acetyl-l-carnitine, natural vitamin C sources, pantothenic acid (B5) sources and adaptogenic herbs.

Some of the adaptogenic herbs are:
One of the very best is Ashwaganda. Others are Asian and American ginseng, and licorice root, and of course there are others.
NOTE: Before you take any herb you should consider any other supplement or prescription drug interaction. If you are using any prescription drug you should consider consulting with your physician before taking an herb.

Able

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:53:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Able900 for this useful post.
jnealeigh on 7/18/2013(UTC), almond888 on 8/22/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:23:28 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Bumping post!
Offline Ashlay  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:30:13 AM(UTC)
Ashlay

I think I have leaky gut, only because I am sensitive to gluten and alot of lactose, would that alone suggest that the candida has caused leaky gut syndrome?
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:37:03 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Ashlay wrote:
I think I have leaky gut, only because I am sensitive to gluten and alot of lactose, would that alone suggest that the candida has caused leaky gut syndrome?

Those symptoms 'can' be symptoms of leaky gut, Ashlay, but they're also symptoms of the Candida infestation itself, so it's hard to say. Describe exactly what your symptoms consist of as far as being "sensitive" as this could be the clue.

Able
Offline Ashlay  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:41:33 AM(UTC)
Ashlay

Your right actually because it's hard to describe... As anything Ive eaten or drank with gluten or milk in normally contains a whole load of sugar also, among other things. I was going to test just eating normal wheat flour a while back but didn't want to risk it. I guess I'll just wait until I've completed the diet and am cured :)
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:09:31 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Ashlay wrote:
I guess I'll just wait until I've completed the diet and am cured :)

That’s the way to think with the infestation, Ashlay. Think positive outcomes and don’t take chances; smart thinking.

Able
Offline hilleary  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:07:57 AM(UTC)
hilleary

Yucca root contains a good intestinal anti-inflammatory agent.

Able, what form yucca root do you recommend? I've seen pill and drop form on Amazon. How much do you recommend taking?
Offline shannonkv  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:47:19 PM(UTC)
shannonkv

Woman
Canada

Originally Posted by: Able900 Go to Quoted Post
[(1) Stimulant laxatives, harsh fibers such as psyllium husk (and powder) and wheat bran

I have been taking psyllium husk fiber to help with my fatty liver and have had no reactions to it (other than not being a fan of the taste). I have a list of allergies that have grown over the last few years, so I guess its safe to say that I have leaky gut syndrome.

Would the psyllium husk fiber react noticeably in my stomach, if I was having issues with or do you still recommend to just stay away from it?

Thanks!

Offline raster  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:11:34 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
We don't recommend psyllium husk on the forum because it can make you constipated for days and doesn't do much in terms of reducing candida's numbers.

If you want to heal leaky gut, I wouldn't take it.

-raster