Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jcho101  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:34:39 AM(UTC)
jcho101

Groups: Registered
United States

I started my candida diet a couple days ago, went to buy groceries today still somewhat unaware of what I can and cannot eat. Just so many contradictions online. I wanted to list some groceries I bought and was hoping someone can just give me a yes or no answer and a quick summary why. Thanks in advance.

1) Brown Rice.

2) Silk Brand Pure Coconut (all natural coconut milk?): contains Evaporated Cane Juice and Carrageenan.

3) Nature's Path Organic: Flax Plus Pumpkin Flax Granola: Organic rolled oats, organic evaporated cane juice, organic soy oil, organic brown rice flour, organic pumpkin seeds, organic flaxseeds, organic oat syrup solids (organic oat syrup solids, tocopherols), sea salt, organic molasses, organic cinnamon.

4) Mountain High Lowfat Yogurt: Cultured Pasteurized Low Fat Milk and Peclin.

5) Olive Oil & Vinegar* Dressing: Water, Soybean Oil*, White Wine Vinegar*, Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar*, Onion [Dehydrated]Granulated Garlic [Dehydrated] Oregano, Basil, White Pepper, Red Bell Pepper [Dehydrated]Green Bell Pepper [Dehydrated]Xanthan Gum.

*Wondering if these ingredients are ok. Does has some sugar in it.

Edited by user Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:35:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline shell1226  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:13:46 AM(UTC)
shell1226

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi. I'm new here and just embarking on this journey myself, but I would definitely stay away from the following:
Silk coconut milk - has sugar
Nature's Path Organic - has soy oil
Olkikve oil and vinegar dressing - has white wine vinegar and sugar.

Not too sure about the brown rice or the yogurt. I would say the yogurt is fine as long as it is plain and not sweetened with anything.
Rachelle
There is no junkfood. There is junk and there is food.
Offline kodaz2005  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 2:50:26 PM(UTC)
kodaz2005

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jcho101 Go to Quoted Post
I started my candida diet a couple days ago, went to buy groceries today still somewhat unaware of what I can and cannot eat. Just so many contradictions online. I wanted to list some groceries I bought and was hoping someone can just give me a yes or no answer and a quick summary why. Thanks in advance.

1) Brown Rice.

2) Silk Brand Pure Coconut (all natural coconut milk?): contains Evaporated Cane Juice and Carrageenan.

3) Nature's Path Organic: Flax Plus Pumpkin Flax Granola: Organic rolled oats, organic evaporated cane juice, organic soy oil, organic brown rice flour, organic pumpkin seeds, organic flaxseeds, organic oat syrup solids (organic oat syrup solids, tocopherols), sea salt, organic molasses, organic cinnamon.

4) Mountain High Lowfat Yogurt: Cultured Pasteurized Low Fat Milk and Peclin.

5) Olive Oil & Vinegar* Dressing: Water, Soybean Oil*, White Wine Vinegar*, Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar*, Onion [Dehydrated]Granulated Garlic [Dehydrated] Oregano, Basil, White Pepper, Red Bell Pepper [Dehydrated]Green Bell Pepper [Dehydrated]Xanthan Gum.

*Wondering if these ingredients are ok. Does has some sugar in it.

Hi Jcho, I would send a PM to Able. He is one of the moderators of the forum along with Raster. When you PM him request the link to the strict diet. It details all the do's and don'ts. They just provide you with a strict guidline for what has worked for others who have managed to beat this thing, but in the end it is up to you what you eat. Most of what you listed there in terms of food items is not on the strict diet list.

Offline raster  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:17:37 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 788 time(s) in 654 post(s)
To answer you question:

1) We don't recommend rice on the forum, but if you do eat rice, wild rice, black rice, and red rice are the best ones to have because you likely haven't had them much in your lifetime and they contain greater nutritional properties than brown rice. Brown rice is inflammatory and contains high levels of starch and some sugar:

http://nutritiondata.sel...grains-and-pasta/5710/2

It's also high in the glycemic index (GI index).

2) All forms of sugar should be avoided on the diet including cane sugar.

3) Rolled oats, soy, brown rice flour, cane juice, oat syrup, and molasses should be avoided on the diet. Oat bran is allowed on the diet and is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

4) If your yogurt is high in sugar (17-25g of sugar per serving) this is too high. Ideally you should get low sugar yogurt which is 7-11g of sugar per serving.

5) Vinegar should be avoided on the diet and is similar to alcohol. Annie's makes a salad dressing that contains apple cider vinegar (raw) and this is the best salad dressing option for the diet.

We have a strict forum food list if you are interested; email able900 for a copy.

-raster
Offline jcho101  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:26:02 PM(UTC)
jcho101

United States

Originally Posted by: raster Go to Quoted Post
To answer you question:

1) We don't recommend rice on the forum, but if you do eat rice, wild rice, black rice, and red rice are the best ones to have because you likely haven't had them much in your lifetime and they contain greater nutritional properties than brown rice. Brown rice is inflammatory and contains high levels of starch and some sugar:

http://nutritiondata.sel...grains-and-pasta/5710/2

It's also high in the glycemic index (GI index).

2) All forms of sugar should be avoided on the diet including cane sugar.

3) Rolled oats, soy, brown rice flour, cane juice, oat syrup, and molasses should be avoided on the diet. Oat bran is allowed on the diet and is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

4) If your yogurt is high in sugar (17-25g of sugar per serving) this is too high. Ideally you should get low sugar yogurt which is 7-11g of sugar per serving.

5) Vinegar should be avoided on the diet and is similar to alcohol. Annie's makes a salad dressing that contains apple cider vinegar (raw) and this is the best salad dressing option for the diet.

We have a strict forum food list if you are interested; email able900 for a copy.

-raster

Thanks everyone for replying. I will keep everything in mind. This has been frustrating and difficult because rice and starchy foods have been apart of my diet since I can remember. Getting this awful infection has open my eyes to my overall health and I'm looking forward to actually eating healthier than fighting this which of course I will. I will give Able900 a pm, thanks again.

Offline moochpb  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 4:06:41 AM(UTC)
moochpb

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I have been eating plain Greek yogurt, 9 grams of sugar nothing added. I use stevia and cinnamon. Yum. Plus I eat sprouted brown an red rice with no problems. Depends on the severity. I have yeast and bacteria overgrowth