Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline starmelt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:43:36 AM(UTC)
starmelt

Groups: Registered

I'd like to know if I any sugar is allowed in the Candida diet. I'm aware that sugar is Candida's favorite food source, but don't our bodies need some sugar for healthy functioning? I've stayed away from refined sugars which are high on the glycemic index and will send my blood sugars through the roof, but is there problem with eating a healthy form of sugar as part of the diet? Plus, I've read healthy glucose levels are vital in order for the body to work properly.

So, I'm wondering if I do need to supplement my body while on the Candida diet? Plain yogurt, brown rice, and rice Chex are some of the foods I'm considering eating.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:05:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:40:19 PM(UTC)
raster

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 820 time(s) in 683 post(s)
Hello there,

The goal on the candida diet should be to have as little sugar as possible, from natural or unnatural sources. By going to something like coconut sugar, agave, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, honey, etc. its basically another form of sugar that is slightly better for you. It'll still add up and can set back your recovery.

I came up with the 25g sugar per day rule where thats the limit of sugar you get from natural foods. If you eat 2 salads, some greek yogurt, and a slice or bread and some buckwheat that is probably about 25g of sugar. Its up to you to follow it or not of course, but sugar exists in nearly everything...a head of lettuce contains 3g of sugar for instance.

Unfortunately, rice should not be consumed on the diet because it is inflammatory and contains high amounts of starch and low amounts of sugar.

http://nutritiondata.sel...-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

If you do eat rice, wild rice, black rice, and red rice are healthier alternatives that contain greater nutritional properties:

http://nutritiondata.sel...-grains-and-pasta/5752/2

We came up with this forum protocol if you are interested and we have a strict forum food list if you are interested as well. Its best to restrict your diet as much as possible and eating things such as rice, alternative sugars, etc. are just not going to do much to heal your gut. How do I know? I've been there and tried that...

http://www.thecandidadie...Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster