Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 8/4/2041 12:51:45 PM(UTC) Kyle  
#21 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 7:44:29 AM(UTC)
Kyle

Groups: Registered

dvjorge wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Marbro wrote:
Kyle wrote:
A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

I ate fatty meat and eggs. It's just the atkins diet basically. Nothing unknown or untested and it can be done with perfect safety.

I did it for 4 months straight. 100% strict. Used ketostix and all.

Having said that, it clearly didn't get rid of it. Starving it must've massively reduced the number of candida hence the improvement in symptoms however I probably needed something else to finally finish them off when they were in their reduced state.

That's where my new plan comes in as of yesterday. I'm back on the zero carb and going to start hitting the Nystatin in 2 days, the time by which i'll have noticed an effect on my symptoms from the diet alone which would indicate their numbers are reducing. Then throw in the antifungal to mop up the survivors.

You have a link to your diet food list?

Fatty meat and eggs.

That's the list.
For further info and recipes you could check out atkin's diet stuff and Mark's Daily Apple. He's a big proponent of low-carb and has plenty of recipes. Personally i disagree that this is how we were designed to eat. But unnatural methods are required for unnatural situations! (i.e. candida induced by antibiotics)

Main thing is: You can't survive on protein alone. You need the fat.
Bring on the pork belly, fatty steak, eggs, bacon, carb-free sausages and enjoy it while it lasts.
This isn't healthy in the long-long-term imo. But it is certainly healthy as f*** in the short-term and you'll see the difference.

Kyle,
The phase 1 in any well thought anticandida protocol can be proteins, vegetables, and plain yogurt. You can hold it for a month or so. This kind of diet, according to Dr. Trowbridge, can kill the same amount of candida that high Nystatin doses do.
It will give you a great start in this battle, but that diet put a lot of stress to the body.
It isn't a diet to hold for long time. Nutritional requirements are very important to release the treatment and avoid relapse. The immune system must take care of the remaining candida when you decide to stop the treatment. The problem is that kind of very strict carbohydrate diet will weak you day by day to the point your immune system won't defend you anymore. As a temporary diet, it will do a great advance, but no long term. I know who have done it and ended worse. Of course, they couldn't eliminate candida. The key is a progressive no excessive stressful treatment that may last 2 or 3 years.

When sugar and carbohydrates aren't present, candida will turn over fat and proteins.(meat) Sadly, the candida wastes (metabolites) are more toxic when the fungus feed on fat and proteins than carbohydrates.
Here is an interesting post

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1906516

Here is another post by McCombs,
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1918942#i
Jorge

DvJorge,
Those links aren't appearing too well on my screen. (Looks like a very thin, long wall of text.

Are you saying there are some scientific studies out there concerning Candida metabolising fats and protein aswell as sugar?

'The problem is that kind of very strict carbohydrate diet will weak you day by day to the point your immune system won't defend you anymore.'

It doesn't. Quite the opposite. I felt great. My concentration was great, my energy was great and my mood was fine.
If you read some reviews of people who go on zero-carb diets then you'll see what I'm talking.

Best of all, ofc, is to try it. The effect was very powerful indeed!
User is suspended until 8/4/2041 12:51:45 PM(UTC) Kyle  
#22 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 7:48:43 AM(UTC)
Kyle

Groups: Registered

YeastMan wrote:
Kyle wrote:
A zero carb diet was the best thing i ever did for this condition. Within 3 days my seb derm went to nothing and my oily skin massively improved. Dandruff was also obliterated.

I ate fatty meat and eggs. It's just the atkins diet basically. Nothing unknown or untested and it can be done with perfect safety.

I did it for 4 months straight. 100% strict. Used ketostix and all.

Having said that, it clearly didn't get rid of it. Starving it must've massively reduced the number of candida hence the improvement in symptoms however I probably needed something else to finally finish them off when they were in their reduced state.
Thanks, Kyle. 4 months and it still was not kicked... At least that answers that question.

Kyle wrote:

That's where my new plan comes in as of yesterday. I'm back on the zero carb and going to start hitting the Nystatin in 2 days, the time by which i'll have noticed an effect on my symptoms from the diet alone which would indicate their numbers are reducing. Then throw in the antifungal to mop up the survivors.

Were you taking any antifungals before? I have been on a low carb diet (<20g) for over 2 months and have been applying Nystatin and Zeabsorb (Miconazole 2%) for the last 3 weeks. My symptoms are almost gone, but it is still there. Was taking the spray on Miconazole w/talc and it was as effective or more effective than the Nystatin and Zeabsorb alone. Not sure the Nystatin is doing much of anything.

Before low carbing, I was using the spray on miconazole w/talc and it was about the same, maybe a bit worse.

dvjorge wrote:
When sugar and carbohydrates aren't present, candida will turn over fat and proteins.(meat) Sadly, the candida wastes (metabolites) are more toxic when the fungus feed on fat and proteins than carbohydrates.
Here is an interesting post

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1906516

Here is another post by McCombs,
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1918942#i
Jorge
Jorge, I don't see any of those studies showing that Candida is growing on fat and proteins. I would like to see something that validates this. However, I guess it makes sense that it would be able to, since yeast and humans are both eukaryotes and have similar enzymes. Maybe it prefers carbohydrates, but is able to switch to fats/lipids? It explains why Kyle would not be able to get rid of it after his strict zero carb diet. Wondering if there is any point in any kind of diet, if it is not going to get rid of it.

Hi YeastMan,

I haven't previously tried Antifungals in conjunction with a diet. I am doing that right now though.

I assume you are taking the Nystatin orally? (i only ask because you used the phrase 'apply' and I wasn't too clear whether you were talking about some kind of cream)

As for topical antifungals: Yeah, I use Nizoral 2% cream on face and Nizoral 2% shampoo. Works great for dandruff and seb derm. (although nothing to do with killing candida)

I second your question to DvJorge.