Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rar  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:16:33 PM(UTC)
rar

Groups: Registered

Hey wishnhope, great job you're doing!
Offline wishnhope  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:06:26 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

Thanks, rar!

Officially on day 11 today. Inexplicably bloated even though I ate the same food I've been eating for days. Stronger sugar cravings today than I have had in awhile (someone mentioned Cadbury mini eggs which are a personal weakness and it was all over!) but I didn't cave. I just came home, had a baby pumpkin muffin and some brussel sprouts and then topped up on water.

Offline wishnhope  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:58:34 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

Hmm.. new question of the day: B12 injections.. I have been injecting B12 every 3 weeks or so for the last few years because my levels were so low (doc said my body was not absorbing it from food).
Can I continue these injections?
Offline wishnhope  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:36:30 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

Day 12:
So I realized today that my hunger is different. I remember reading that a few weeks ago and thinking "ya right, I get so hungry, there's no way that will go away" but now I'm just hungry as in "I could eat" not like "If I don't eat something in 2 minutes I'm going to pass out" followed by that intense pain in the top part of my stomach.

Yay for different hunger!
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#25 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:46:16 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 570 time(s) in 390 post(s)
wishnhope wrote:
Hmm.. new question of the day: B12 injections.. I have been injecting B12 every 3 weeks or so for the last few years because my levels were so low (doc said my body was not absorbing it from food). Can I continue these injections?

Don't you think this depends on whether or not you’re still deficient in the vitamin? Have you had it tested lately?

I can tell you that it’s not uncommon for a Candida sufferer to exhibit one or more deficiencies in a B vitamin. But I can also tell you that, as your infestation improves, the deficiency should also. That is unless you have a hereditary tendency to be deficient in the B12 which would have nothing to do with the infestation’s influence.

Another thing is, as the flora in your intestines increase in population, the different B vitamins including B12 will also increase. This is because the flora are the main source of B vitamins, and the probiotic, prebiotics, kefir and yogurt increase the flora on a regular basis.

I would still have the B12 checked however for assurance; you don’t want to be deficient in it, but on the other hand, if you have too much of one B vitamin and not enough of another this would cause an imbalance of the proper ration, and this can lead to other heath issues which you certainly don’t need.

Able
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:51:17 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

wishnhope wrote:
Day 12:
So I realized today that my hunger is different. I remember reading that a few weeks ago and thinking "ya right, I get so hungry, there's no way that will go away" but now I'm just hungry as in "I could eat" not like "If I don't eat something in 2 minutes I'm going to pass out" followed by that intense pain in the top part of my stomach. Yay for different hunger!

This is a huge step, W, whether you see it or not. That shows that the Candida population is shrinking considerably. I believe this is one of the milestones in anyone’s treatment, and I’m glad you recognized it so quickly.

Isn’t it a little strange how such a seemingly small change can make such a difference in your general feeling and state of mind?

Congratulations on sticking with the protocol in order to reach this point.

Able
Offline wishnhope  
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:29:06 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

thanks for the reply, able :)
I'm definitely feeling better overall although finding that my endurance isn't what it was (I get winded and muscle-sore when I go up a flight of stairs?)
not sure if more molybdenum would fix this, or if I need some more calories..
Offline wishnhope  
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:46:13 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

Today marks 2 weeks on the forum diet (yay me! lol)

Went out again last night to a friend's where there were about 11 kinds of insanely good food (salmon, pork, homemade pies, sweet potato fries.. but all covered in blasted butter and/or balsamic and/ or cheese! grrr)
I had my hard boiled egg, asparagus, and piece of coconut bread. It was worth it to not feel sick at all or sleepy or uncomfortable (well, in retrospect it was worth it!)

I got some digestive enzymes yesterday to have with my meals. Although I'm still taking the bitters, I was finding that I was getting bloated and gassy after lunch towards the end of the day. I'm ordering some zypan but in the mean time I thought I'd add in some enzymes.

I also grabbed some zinc. Are we supposed to have the chelated type of zinc? There were 2 kinds but i went for the chelated type.

#29 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 5:00:42 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

wishnhope wrote:
Went out again last night to a friend's where there were about 11 kinds of insanely good food (salmon, pork, homemade pies, sweet potato fries.. but all covered in blasted butter and/or balsamic and/ or cheese! grrr)

A growl pretty much describes it –

Quote:
I had my hard boiled egg, asparagus, and piece of coconut bread. It was worth it to not feel sick at all or sleepy or uncomfortable (well, in retrospect it was worth it!)
I know it’s difficult as you’re making the decision and trying to stick with it, but like you say, it’s worth it in the end - when you actually feel like you might live to see the next day.
Quote:
I also grabbed some zinc. Are we supposed to have the chelated type of zinc?
It certainly shouldn’t hurt, may even be of more benefit when it comes to removing the toxins from the liver.

Good going, and excellent decision.
Able
Offline wishnhope  
#30 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 12:40:43 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

haha you're right, Able.. it was like a little growl!

So today is day 16 for me. I went to the gym yesterday and walked/ran on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and just did some situps and pushups.. Woke up today feeling sort of weird. Just kind of weak. I'm still surprised by how tired I'm getting from simple tasks and find myself wanting to sit down a lot. I've lost about 7 or 8 pounds (which I had put on in the past 6-8 months) and a couple of inches off my waist since beginning a few weeks ago.

My eyes look sort of reddish today and have been teary. They don't itch or hurt but people at work kept telling me that I looked red in the face and sick (lol.. thanks for your constant tact, work people!) I had a low grade fever going on.. I couldn't fall asleep right away last night so i'm chalking it up to tiredness. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I have been taking my molybdenum at noon for the past couple of days. I think I need to take 2 right when I wake up in the morning with a zinc so that I have some in my system. Going to try that tomorrow.
Offline wishnhope  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:55:42 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

well, officially on day 19 now.

Pros:
- Appetite has totally changed. Sugar cravings definitely not the same and I can tolerate the taste of plain kefir now (which I used to find super sour).
- No more severe hunger pains (pangs?) and more of a steady level of energy throughout the day.
- Sleeping more consistently (i.e. not waking up in the middle of the night)
- gums in my mouth seem less inflamed (flossing doesn't hurt anymore, spaces between my teeth are easier to get floss through.. random!)

Cons:
- still really gassy despite being conscious to chew my food more.
- tried oil pulling yesterday and narrowly avoided throwing up (the texture is definitely something I'll have to get used to)
- still have a faint whitish coating on my tongue (is some white coating normal? Or is it supposed to be slippery and super pink?)
- eyes seem redder than normal?? Does anyone else get this?
- still feeling weak in my muscles if I do anything remotely strenuous

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated. I have an amazon order with SF722 and zypan on it that I'll hopefully order next week.
Offline wishnhope  
#32 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

well, major crash and burn this weekend on vacation. I started out with such great plans.. brought my bread with me and everything. The food is not readily available here and I was not prepared for how hard it would be to not eat with family members who I never see (and it was just too hard to say no to a couple of drinks over the weekend).

Going home wednesday morning where I will start back on the strict diet. I continue to take the molybdenum so hopefully will be ok within a week or so.

I guess we'll see! (p.s. I feel like I'm admitting that I didn't do my homework or something)
Offline wishnhope  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:38:14 PM(UTC)
wishnhope

So I did the strict diet for 3 weeks and I was feeling awesome until I went on vacation and I have now had 7 days of eating ridiculousness.

Going to start back on the strict diet tomorrow. I'm posting it here again to have somewhere to be accountable.

Day 0.. boooooooo!
Offline JaneneBean  
#34 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 12:35:14 PM(UTC)
JaneneBean

Woman

So....Wishnhope, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in awhile on this thread. I hope you have succeeded in getting back on the wagon sort of speak. It's very frustrating when we're around "normal" eating people and can't have what they are eating. I work as a cashier in a grocery store and MAN is it difficult to forego the junk food sometimes. I can't eat it though because I know what it will do to me. When I eat too many carbs, my body craves sugar so I know when to change up my diet to less carbs again. It's sad for me that I can't have fruits. Veggies and small portions of meat get pretty mundane. I've been eating like this for a year now, and when I thought all my issues were gluten related rather than Candida, I went to eating some gluten free foods which had WAY too many carbs in them. That set me back several months, I'm sure. Now I'm back on the wagon again and battling dizziness and lethargy for several days. Good ol' die off...don't ya just love it?
Well, I hope you are doing better.

Janene
Offline wishnhope  
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:54:42 AM(UTC)
wishnhope

JaneneBean wrote:
So....Wishnhope, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in awhile on this thread. I hope you have succeeded in getting back on the wagon sort of speak. It's very frustrating when we're around "normal" eating people and can't have what they are eating. I work as a cashier in a grocery store and MAN is it difficult to forego the junk food sometimes. I can't eat it though because I know what it will do to me. When I eat too many carbs, my body craves sugar so I know when to change up my diet to less carbs again. It's sad for me that I can't have fruits. Veggies and small portions of meat get pretty mundane. I've been eating like this for a year now, and when I thought all my issues were gluten related rather than Candida, I went to eating some gluten free foods which had WAY too many carbs in them. That set me back several months, I'm sure. Now I'm back on the wagon again and battling dizziness and lethargy for several days. Good ol' die off...don't ya just love it?
Well, I hope you are doing better.

Janene

Hi Janene,

Thanks for the reply. I have been lurking some on the forum and definitely roller-coastering as far as my food goes. I have been making my own kefir and having it for breakfast, I have limited my meat intake to mostly fish and eggs and rarely chicken. My love of sugar has been rearing its ugly head though and although I have been good with avoiding it overall, white wine has been more difficult for me to stop drinking.

I'm trying not to have the whole guilt cycle that i had the first time in march because it really didn't help (i just ended up eating more stuff that wasn't good for me) so i'm trying to just go meal by meal and make choices more in line with the foods on the candida diet.

i'm not feeling as good overall as I was while on the diet, although I am stronger (i couldn't get rid of the dizzy spells after going upstairs despite molybdenum and coconut bread/pumpkin muffins while on the strict diet).

I have been able to work out a bit more as a result which has been good.
Offline JaneneBean  
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:58:42 AM(UTC)
JaneneBean

Woman

I've been dizzy lately too. If I tilt my head backwards and look up at the ceiling, it's really bad. But I can maintain my balance if I just don't do that. So...I don't do that, except for just now to test it again. LOL! I haven't gotten any molybdenum yet, I have to wait until I get paid Wednesday. It's rough being on such a limited income.
I know what you mean about progress. The only symptoms I really give a flying fart about are the rectal itching which is just plain aggravating and embarrassing. I want it to go away SO bad. I'm thinking of starting a regiment that includes enemas. (to me that just sounds SO gross!)
I often wonder if what I'm doing is making me more sick. Maybe my body just doesn't like all this healthy stuff. Maybe my symptoms would go away if I started eating junk again. But then, I get chicken to try it in fear that I would get even sicker. Besides, I KNOW that all that awful processed food isn't good for me. So I have to talk myself into keeping up this regiment every day. I'm exhausted. I'm depressed. I'm miserable.
I'm hopefully getting some Candex soon, but I don't dare get excited about it working because disappointment is the middle name of Candida.
Sorry...I'm not being very encouraging. I just know we're in the same boat and somehow having some company in that boat is somewhat comforting.

Hugs,
Janene