Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:08:55 AM(UTC)
Able900

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 560 time(s) in 385 post(s)
There's a good chance that sometime during your treatment you'll experience something called "die-off" symptoms. The medical term for this is the "Herxheimer reaction." Die-off symptoms are reactions which the body experiences when trying to eliminate the aldehydes and other toxins which are produced by dying Candida. These are simply a response to the toxins as they're expelled by the Candida into the body. The aldehydes can cause the following symptoms:

•headache
•skin breakouts (rash)
•nausea
•dizziness
•fuzzy thinking
•inability to focus
•depression
•anxiety
•general moodiness, angry outbursts
•diarrhea
•constipation
•joint & muscle pain
•flu-like body aches
•sore throat
•fatigue
•exhaustion
•need for more sleep
•sleeplessness
•sweating
•chills
•gas & bloating
•flatulence

When living Candida cells die, the cells discharge toxins called aldehydes. The toxins move into the bloodstream from where they move into various organs including the liver where they have the potential of causing severe liver damage. Enough of the toxins being processed at the same time by the liver can cause "toxic liver overload" and as you might imagine, this can cause all sorts of problems and pain in the liver area including the gallbladder.

Die-off Symptoms & Dangers Can Be Prevented
As far as preventing the symptoms of die-off are concerned, one product that will help considerably with the symptoms is called Molybdenum, which is a trace mineral found naturally in the human body. This product will detox the poisons from your body including your kidneys and your liver where they can cause the most dangers.

Purchase only Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, this should be on the label listed under 'Ingredients’ - also in the pill form in a 250 mcg dose; you can take up to 250 mcg of Molybdenum three times a day when the symptoms are at their worse, but start with just one dose, and you can take it at any time of the day with or without food. The pill form is much more convenient than the liquid. Start the Molybdenum right away - before you experience the die-off effects.

Another product for die-off is called Candidate by Native Remedies. This comes in a liquid form and will help with severe headaches and other symptoms on an immediate basis; because of this, you don’t need to take it unless you begin to feel a die-off reaction approaching.

If you live in a country where it's imposible to obtain Molybdenum, the information on this link should help you.
Die-Off without Molybdenum (alternate remedies)

Let us know if you have questions.
Able

Edited by user Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:50:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline orka1998  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:26:49 AM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Quote:
Purchase Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate only, this should be on the label on the back under ‘ingredients’

Able, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am having difficulty getting my hands on Molybdenum at the part of the world I live in currently. I might be lucky to get any supplement with Molybdenum, but not sure it can be Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate exactly.

Can you please explain the significance and reason why it has to be amino acid chelate and not just molybdenum?

Thank you in advance!
Offline Thomas  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:06:19 AM(UTC)
Thomas

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
orka1998 wrote:
Quote:
Purchase Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate only, this should be on the label on the back under ‘ingredients’

Able, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am having difficulty getting my hands on Molybdenum at the part of the world I live in currently. I might be lucky to get any supplement with Molybdenum, but not sure it can be Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate exactly.

Can you please explain the significance and reason why it has to be amino acid chelate and not just molybdenum?

Thank you in advance!

Others are not working I bought expensive molybdenum potasium and it didnt work anything and I felt terrible sick with die-off and wondered what is wrong. Dont waste you money on other stuff.

Thomas
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:16:39 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 560 time(s) in 385 post(s)
orka1998 wrote:

That's because this is a specific form of Molybdenum which is a chelation agent. Chelation agents are compounds which bind with toxics in the body and removes them.

Source: International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry

Thomas is right, you'll be wasting your money with a different form.

Able
Offline greebles  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:32:16 AM(UTC)
greebles

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Quote:
That's because this is a specific form of Molybdenum which is a chelation agent. Chelation agents are compounds which bind with toxics in the body and removes them.

Does this mean Molybdenum rice chelate is comparable? I am patiently waiting for my amino acid chelate to arrive in the mail, as It is not sold in canada for some reason.

Should I pick some of this up to get it started? or just wait it out

Thanks
Online raster  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:14:45 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 728 time(s) in 602 post(s)
Another way to reduce or completely eliminate die-off symptoms is to do a sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins via the bodies largest organ, the skin.

-raster
thanks 1 user thanked raster for this useful post.
tysongustus on 7/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Chilli  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:35:03 AM(UTC)
Chilli

Woman

raster wrote:
Another way to reduce or completely eliminate die-off symptoms is to do a sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins via the bodies largest organ, the skin.

-raster

100% agree with this! I can't get a hold of molybdenum, so I have been having hot epsom salt baths when my die off symptoms have been bad and it has helped hugely!
Offline Hy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:49:05 AM(UTC)
Hy

Two questions:
Does the Molyddenum have side effects or risks associated with it?
And: Does skin brushing help as much as the saunas and hot baths?
Offline blakek89  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:59:54 AM(UTC)
blakek89

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hy wrote:
Two questions:
Does the Molyddenum have side effects or risks associated with it?
And: Does skin brushing help as much as the saunas and hot baths?

I had read there can be skin rashes after a couple of days of use. Which I am experiencing now. From what I would guess it is your liver detoxing in which the rash results but clears up very fast.
Offline Hy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:02:49 AM(UTC)
Hy

@blakek ... where did you get your molybdenum? Local or online?
Offline Chilli  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:03:27 AM(UTC)
Chilli

Woman

i imagine that skin brushing would be as effective as baths, saunas etc for removing toxins, same with contrast showers. I'm no expert, but makes sense to me!
Offline blakek89  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:06:47 AM(UTC)
blakek89

Hy wrote:
@blakek ... where did you get your molybdenum? Local or online?

I live in Canada where you cannot by molybdenum unless its part of a multivitamin. So I bought mine through iherb and http://www.iherb.com/m/D...m-100-Tablets/37174?at=0

I bought like just over 60 worth of supplements and came to be $5 for 100 tablets. If you spend more than 40 it's free 2 day shipping and over 20 is free 5 day shipping. Great deal.
Offline Hy  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:12:03 AM(UTC)
Hy

Thanks! That's the brand I was looking at.
Offline mariegirl  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:29:41 PM(UTC)
mariegirl

blakek89 wrote:
[quote=Hy]@blakek ... where did you get your molybdenum? Local or online?

I live in Canada where you cannot by molybdenum unless its part of a multivitamin. So I bought mine through iherb and http://www.iherb.com/m/D...m-100-Tablets/37174?at=0

Reply: I live in Canada as well and I bought molybdenum at Aviva health foods down the street. It was the only place we found it, but they had it.
mariegirl
Offline blakek89  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:40:07 PM(UTC)
blakek89

I live in Vancouver and the only molybdenum you can purchase individually is molybdenum rice chelate which has to be purchased online in Canada, or in a multivitamin.
Offline N-gree  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
N-gree

Just to clarify, the amino acid chelate refers to a mineral being bound to an organic molecule so that the inorganic mineral can be absorbed and integrated into your system. You can get, say, your calcium from eating chalk (that's in Tums) but your body has to bind an amino acid to it to be used as a building block, so all calcium consumed will not be absorbed, and if your digestive tract does not have the enzymes to do the work of making the mineral organic, very little if any will be absorbed.

The 'rice chelate' refers (I think) to the organic base that the amino acid is taken from, as many people may have allergic reaction to other bases such as wheat, corn or soy.

More single minerals used to be available 10-15 years ago, but I think they were not good sellers, as most people don't know what they are for or what portions to take together.
Offline Jo*Jo  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:38:48 AM(UTC)
Jo*Jo

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I think I bought the wrong thing. Could someone check this for me please? http://www.amazon.co.uk/...f=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Edit, The bottle I bought looks the same as the one mariegirl posted a link to above. But the description of mine doesnt say amino acid chelate.. anyone?

Edited by user Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:40:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline benc  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:25:10 AM(UTC)
benc

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Jo*Jo wrote:
I think I bought the wrong thing. Could someone check this for me please? http://www.amazon.co.uk/...f=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Edit, The bottle I bought looks the same as the one mariegirl posted a link to above. But the description of mine doesnt say amino acid chelate.. anyone?

looks like the right stuff to me, just cheaper, stronger & better value than the solgar version I bought.
Offline sammcl  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:31:03 AM(UTC)
sammcl

Jo*Jo wrote:

No you have the right stuff. Below link is a PDF to the label.

http://www.douglaslabs.com/pdf/labels/MOC.pdf
Offline Jo*Jo  
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
Jo*Jo

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Brilliant, thanks you're right. I got home and looked at the label and its the right stuff.